Delaying Gratification
Friday, October 05, 2007
  It is hard.
Death.
Such a natural end to every thing living, but when it really strikes, it hits you hard and deep.
Overcoming deaths of close relatives, friends and pets has never been easy for me.
I am an such an emotional and vulnerable being at hurting times like this.
I don't recall myself crying so much for some time. At every single trigger, the pain still throbs in my heart. The guilt and regret of not taking good care of Brownie when it was alive is still raw and painful. Regret gnaws on my heart till emptiness slowly took over. It is still hard to bear.
When I read about Herbie's death, tears couldn't stop flowing again. Herbie had been such a wonderful dog that I couldn't help but follow his blog for the past few months. To his mom, I'm sorry. Please take care.
Now, whenever I look at Napolean, I get scared. I am afraid of losing her the same way I had lost Brownie. I am afraid to get too close to her, only to get more upset later. I get reminded very much of Brownie when I see her.
I know all the stuff about death being a relief, and that maybe it is better to let the suffering go. But I am human, and I am still selfish. I miss having Brownie around to cheer me up. I miss the happy times I had with her, though I'm not so sure if she had been really happy.
To some, i know it sounds silly to be grieving so much for an animal. But this animal is my pet. And I am emotionally bound to this pet. I had been responsible for this pet. But, I had to be the one to lose her. I guess no one else would know why I feel so upset. I had been the one holding her paws onto the xray table when she gasped her last breath. I feel as though I had been the one strangling her to death. I feel as though I am the one sending her to her death. She did not go peacefully. And I am the cause of that.
I had a long walk today. Felt a little at peace. I thought I'll be fine. But the moment I got home and saw the cage with napolean alone inside, looking at me, I choked on my feelings again, trying very hard to fight the tears.
It would take time for me to get over this. Meanwhile, I will try to be normal. Because the earth still rotates.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives
September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / June 2009 / July 2009 / September 2009 / October 2009 / December 2009 / August 2010 / June 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]