Delaying Gratification
Sunday, September 10, 2006
  It's the little things in life that makes a huge difference

Have not been updating my blog for quite a while.

Of course many things happened, not just to me, but to many others as well. Like always, things happen every single second.

Had tons of gatherings with different cliques (some of whom i've not met for ages) and glad that I had taken the time to attend them.

Watched a lot of movies, had lots of late nights out, resulting in my usual neck and headache. (oh thank goodness!!! I slept in neither of the recent movies i've watched!! Yippee!)

Finally had a haircut.

Had a few good runs and swim.

Heard about the news that shocked the world: Death of Steve Irwin. Life's a real irony. He dealt with crocs and all the deadliest animals in the world, only to die in a freak accident: stab of a stingray's barb. I had enjoyed many of his shows, and admire his passion for wildlife conservation. What an untimely death. What saddens me even more is that his children are so young, how are they to cope with the demise of their heroic father figure? Life gives you some, it takes away some as well.

Attended a very good friend's ROM at a chalet. She was my best friend during my Secondary school days, however we drifted apart during uni due to our own commitments. During the solomnization and exchanging of vows, I actually teared. Very very glad for her and consoled by the fact that she has finally decided to embark on a new chapter of her life. No matter what the future brings, I hope she will always be happy :)

Two other friends also just got attached recently =) and I'm pleasantly surprised! All the best to your newfound relationships!

And for the picture I've uploaded, it was taken on my way back home sometime ago. Passed by a terrace house, and saw 5 cats sitting outside at the gate, all staring into the house. There were two other big cats inside the house, sitting at the porch. I couldn't resist taking a photo of this cute scene! A pity that my 2 mega pix handphone camera could only fit in these 3 cats, two of them were pretty young. Guess they were all waiting in anticipation for some food. This small encounter made me smile for the rest of my journey home.

Animals live by a pattern; when they get hungry, they hunt. When they are used to being fed, they will appear at a certain time. Do humans live like that too? When we are lonely, we seek company; when we feel our needs are being fulfilled, we take them for granted and neglect others?

Been meeting so many people, talking to them and listening to so many of their stories. I wonder if I had chosen to take a different path, or had chosen to make a single different decision in my life, where would i be now? How would I have been living my life now? Would it have been as drastic as the protaganist's life in "Sliding doors"? Or perhaps nothing would have changed at all as ultimately my character would lead me to the same place as I will be.

I do not know.

What I do know, is that there is no turning back in life. We just have to live with what we have chosen, or what we have not chosen.



 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives
September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / June 2009 / July 2009 / September 2009 / October 2009 / December 2009 / August 2010 / June 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]