Delaying Gratification
Sunday, July 16, 2006
  Better a witty fool than a foolish wit
Took this photo from ah rui's London tour photo gallery. Maybe it's time I start speaking in a language which no one around me can absolutely understand. You know, like those Gotcha! or Just for laughs lame pranks. Haaha, then i'll just look at them thinking they have all gone mad and i'm the only sane and normal one.

After a week of broadbandless, I've finally got my connection working again. How indispensible human inventions are. I wonder if I'm being teleported to some primitive place or time, how long can i survive there?

Guess sleeping in movies has become a pastime in the reality of my life. Slept for ten mins during pirates of caribbean before being shaken up. Well that movie outing itself was too exciting to begin with. We were at Sh*w H**se watching the 1130pm show. The movie started out jerky, with time lapses between the scenes and the sound. Five minutes into the show, pple started walking out of the theatre. Moments later, almost half of the fully-packed cinema was empty. We soon walked out only to join the long angry queue outside the ticketing counter. The poor ticketing lady, manager, and ushers were struggling to do their job well. In the end, we were given 2 options :1) refund, 2) tickets to a later show. We chose the latter, and ended up watching the 1245am movie. Guess with all this excitment, at least i'm proud to say that I only fell asleep for ten minutes this time round.

The only other exciting movie outing was the time when i encountered a blackout 15 minutes into the movie. Of course Singaporeans, being Singaporeans, started hurling some grumbles and complains(no profanity yet). After about 5 mins of total darkness (REAL DARKNESS), the electricity resumed, and the movie started all over again (i think). Actually, i can't even remember what movie it was, or who i watched with. What a bad memory I have.

One more interesting film I've just caught: King and the clown. Though more well known for being the "brokeback mountain of korea" and the androgynous pretty male lead, I was more impresssed with its underlying themes. The poignant moments leading up to the downfall of the tragic hero, to the inevitable tragic ending: A well-crafted melodrama indeed. Reminds me of my schooling days when film and book criticisms were something I loathed to do simply because I had to do it. After the burden had been put down, I somewhat enjoy it. The skills learnt stayed on with me for life and they have really enriched the way I view things and people. I particularly must thank Mr Reynolds, my JC Lit tutor. Though we really hated him then, I would never have gone this far without him.



Insult of the day:
"I was searching for a fool when I found you."
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives
September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / June 2009 / July 2009 / September 2009 / October 2009 / December 2009 / August 2010 / June 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]