Delaying Gratification
Saturday, April 22, 2006
  Oops..I did it again
Yes. I did it again. On a day which seemed to be filled with bizzare happenings.

I was supposed to watch a film fest movie (I Love Cinema, egyptian) with a friend on friday, and the time and venue given to me was 7pm at National Musuem.

I cabbed down after rushing through endless work, only to hear from my friend that we had gotten the venue wrong. It was actually at Prince 2, Shaw. We took the same cab down as it was already 7pm, and in the cab, we glanced at the tickets one more time to check the venue, only to realize, to our horror, that the time for the show was in fact 9.15pm!!! So now, we have more than ample time to waste before the show started. My friend is definitely one mentally challenged lost soul.

Once we have managed to pass the 2 hours, we head for Prince 2 (voted 'The Lousiest Seats in a cinema' by 'Life!' if i'm not mistaken). And indeed it lives up to its title.

Not only were the seats, shaky and creaking, there was also a foul smell coming out from within the theatre. Thankfully the film was a good one that made up for the flaws of the movie theatre- a black comedy featuring a dysfunctional kid growing up with 2 dysfunctional families. The cast was brilliant.

YET, that did not deter me from repeating the same folly I had made exactly a week ago. I did the most unforgivable act a movie-goer and Theatre Studies student could have possibly made; I fell asleep AGAIN!!!

I did enjoy the first hour of the show, trying to keep my eyes wide open, however I still drifted off admist the roaring laughter. I guess I must be the only one sleeping in the packed cinema as the rest of the audience were laughing in stitches. It was real embarrassing.

Worse, my friend had to wake me up when the credits rolled. I woke up to thunderous clapping by the audience. Imagine that, the show was so good that the audience actually clapped in the cinema. I guess I definitely didn't do justice to the film. Apologies.

Gosh, I can't imagine I did it again, just one week after both me and Lady28 had fallen asleep in the movie theatre (She fell asleep for the first hour, while I the second. Don't get mistaken, it was not rehearsed) in an equally funny and good movie 'The Producers'

Perhaps it is really a sign of being overworked. I told my friend that if the show had really been at 7pm, I definitely would have been awake. Now, I have my doubts. Perhaps it's not a matter of timing, what I really need to keep myself awake would be a long, good rest.

Till then, all those who are planning to watch movies with me, please don't get offended if I refuse you, for I seriously do not want to repeat the same mistake thrice in a roll.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives
September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / June 2009 / July 2009 / September 2009 / October 2009 / December 2009 / August 2010 / June 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]