Occupational Hazards
Talked non-stop from 8.30am to 2.30pm today. Really amazed at myself..that I could hold on for so long, thought I would actually cough out blood in the midst of the conversation, but thankfully, that did not happen. By the end of today, my lungs hurt real bad. At one point in time, I thought i had punctured my lungs with my incessant coughs, but thankfully once again, that thought of mine did not materialize.
Come to think of it, I had never really lost my voice during this vocation. The only time when I had lost my voice real badly was when I was working as an outdoor salesperson after my A levels.
Ever come across these outdoor salesperson pulling a trolly around, selling products which cost either $9.90, 2 for $9.90, or 2 for $29.90? Well, you might have been one of my customers. I was doing so much sales pitch every day, that I lost my voice for almost an entire month. And even with my husky, sexy voice, I'm still out there pitching. This explains why my voice never did recover fully after that episode, and till now, I can never hit the highest key I used to be able to sing.
Well, I guess occupational hazards are unavoidable no matter where you work.