Pinkmonkie's List of Desired Destinations
My desired destinations at this point of my life will be ...
1. Greece - For her Aegean Islands floating on the turquoise sea, the many cats basking in the warm sun on the rooftops of the white houses, and the magnificient ruins of the Temple of Apollo in Delos.
2. Southern France - For the sheer azure blue tinted sky and cotton candy-like clouds fluffying in the quiet breeze along to the swaying of the yellow mimosa.
3. Li Jiang, Yunnan - For her tranquility and humbleness admist the many creations of Mother Nature.
4. Japan - For her diversified culture, sakura trees and the pink snow monkeys soaking in the hot springs during winter.
5. London - After having known Shakespeare for almost half of my life, I feel that it is only justifiable for me to visit The Globe and his birth place, Stratford-upon-Avon.
6. South Africa Safari - For her wildlife and the many animals who are still able to roam freely on the face of this planet.
7. New Zealand - How can I ever miss the picturesque filming locations of LOTR?! And the billions of stars in the night sky.
8. The Great Barrier Reef - To make up for the disappointing snorkelling trip in 2003. Had a wonderful travel-mate and some nice times, but the corals were almost all dead, thus snorkelling wasn't too exciting. Hopefully the next time I return, it will be with a scuba-diving license.
9. The Aurora - Places like Greenland, Scandinavian Coast, Alaska, Canada, Antartica, etc. An amazing magic show hosted by Mother Nature and Grandpa Sun. Not to be missed.
10. Area 51 - For the mystery that has been shrouding this infamous location. Perhaps I'll uncover some huge conspiracy like Mulder and Scully did.
Now, when I will I ever embark on my tour around the world? Not in my present state of mess.
And thus, for the past 20 minutes, I have just thrown my stress and deadlines to the deep end of the Artic Circle. Time to press on.