staying connected again!
After a long period of computer-less and internet-less at home, I'm finally connected again!!!
Well the story began like this..
My 5-year-old laptop had finally decided to make its final curtain call and bade me farewell after its long service of loyalty despite my incessant abuse. So for nearly 2 years, I had only relied on my company's laptop, and the LAN when I'm at work. My colleagues had been very amazed at how one can survive that long without comp and internet at home, while my friends had to tolerate my unread emails over the weekends or during my holidays from work. Frankly speaking, it was really a great inconvenience which rendered me helpless and made me feel like a caveman living in primitive times.
The craze for broadband heated up when i was moving on from JC to Uni. When I was in Uni, I had LAN all the way since I stayed in the hall throughout my Uni education, then later on as I moved on to my training yr, I was also in the hostel, so again, there was no need for me to have broadband at home since I was seldom home. Even when I moved back home after I graduated, I din even have the withdrawal syndromes that many of my hallmates experienced , as there were many other issues I had to see to. It was only when I started work, that I realised there were a lot of work which required me to stay connected even at home. So, in order to go home early, stay home on saturday mornings, the best way was to get a brand new comp at home and re-connect myself.
Thus, here I am, typing away on my new home desktop, updating my blog using my newly activated broadband. And no single piece of work has been done today.